For over two decades, Doctor Joel Wiszniak at Aventura Derm has been dedicated to dermatological care with a focus on both medical excellence and a personal doctor-patient relationship. Dr. Wiszniak provides a concierge-style service with direct access should you have any questions or concerns, always responding promptly and personally to patients. The doctor and his team strive to make your visit comfortable without rushing you.
Among the services provided by Aventura Derm team of experts, you will find:
- Disease and surgery of the skin;
- Early detection of skin cancer, education for effective sun protection, diagnosing rare conditions;
- Cosmetic dermatology, including free cosmetic consultations
- Cosmetic procedures: fillers (Restylane, Perlane, Juvederm, Radiesse, etc.) and wrinkle correctors (Botox, Dysport, etc.);
- Medical Spa: specialty facials, Microdermabrasion, Chemical Peels, Acne Treatments and personal home care recommendations, provided by a licensed esthetician, under the guidance and supervision of Doctor Wiszniak.
Doctor Joel Wiszniak, a Paris – France native, received his Medical Doctor degree from the University of Paris 6, Pierre et Marie Curie School of Medicine in 1978.
Further, he has trained in the Assistance Publique health system as an Interne des Hôpitaux de Paris, receiving a double specialty accreditation in Dermatology and Infectious Disease. Doctor Wiszniak has continued his training as a Chef de Clinique, being in the unique position of taking care of the Dermatology Consultation of the Pasteur Institute Hospital. Followed by the same position at the Claude Bernard Hospital, thus assuring his tenure as a combined dermatologist and infectious disease specialist in the two most prominent infectious disease hospitals in Paris.
In June 1985, he moved to the United States and completed his accreditation by training at the University of Tennessee, Memphis, first as a resident, then as an attending physician.
In May 1988, Doctor Wiszniak relocated to Miami where he joined the Dermatology department at Mount Sinai Medical Center as an Attending Physician, teaching the resident program and performing patient related clinical work. Finally, in June 1990 he decided to go into solo private practice.
See this map on Google Maps