Mobile Device Management (MDM) Administrator
- Publié par: lfny
- New York United States
- Catégories: Emploi offre et demande
- Date de publication : 22 mai 2019 11:34
The Lycée Français de New York, a world-leading independent bilingual French school, offers a one-to-one(1:1) iPad program for students and teachers and a one-to-one Macbook program for staff. Classrooms and creative labs are also equipped with Apple devices (iMac, Macbook, iPad, Apple TV). Almost 2000 devices are centrally managed through jamf PRO. A BYOL (Bring Your Own Laptop) program is also deployed in grades Y9-Y12.
The Mobile Device Management (MDM) Administrator is responsible for managing the Lycée’s Apple environment and devices, by leveraging jamf PRO and its associated infrastructure. The Mobile Device Management Administrator is in charge of the technical coordination of the 1:1 program and provides support to students, families, and employees.
At the Lycée, “the student is at the center of the system”. All staff are expected to provide encouragement, offer positive reinforcement, and show respect for each student.
All employees should truly and enthusiastically believe in the Lycée’s Mission supporting the vision of the Head of School and the Board of Trustees. The Mobile Device Management Administrator must be a self-starting, resourceful, and well-organized team player with the ability to independently work well under pressure and possess strong interpersonal skills. The ability to positively and productively engage with diverse personalities is a necessary skill. All Lycée employees are strongly encouraged to work towards proficiency in both French and English languages and to develop a familiarity and understanding of the Lycée’s multicultural environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Mobile Device Management Administrator will exercise independent discretion and judgment to perform the following non-exhaustive list of duties :
- Management of the MDM (jamf PRO) infrastructure
- Creation, deployment, and maintenance of policies and scripts
- Building, deployment, and maintenance of Mac OS application packages
- Management of Apple DEP and VPP accounts and applications
- Management of device deployment, collection, and refresh cycle (clean-up, update, rollout) of all Apple devices (one-to-one or shared)
- Documentation, maintenance, and improvement of processes and procedures
- Management of jamf API and custom integration with other systems
- Collaborate with the Digital Learning team to design, plan and support the 1:1 program (budget, timeline, replacement and refresh cycles, app request procedures)
- Collaborate with the IT Asset Manager to maintain an accurate asset inventory of all Apple devices
- Assist the Director of Technology Operations in purchasing Apple devices and accessories
- Provide the Director of Technology Operations with reports and analytics
- Lead training and device deployment sessions for students and employees
Qualifications and Skills
- 3+ years Apple device management using jamf PRO in a large environment, educational preferred.
- Jamf Certified (admin/expert) is a plus.
- 3+ years Apple OS server administration experience
- Recent ACMT certification
- Basic understanding of network infrastructure and protocols
- Basic understanding of MS Active Directory
- Basic understanding of Google Apps for Education (GAFE)
- French fluency preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as excellent presentation skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently on complex matters and to exercise sound discretion and judgment when performing job duties
- Ability to manage projects with a solution-oriented mindset in working with a variety of constituents
- Ability to work extended hours and weekends.
Candidates should apply through the following link only:https://www.lfny.org/mdmadministrator
Job Type: Full-time
- Aucun mot-clé