The Lycée Français seeks applicants for an interim position for the 2017-2018 school year as Assistant Director of Primary in Charge of Early Childhood. The ideal candidate will possess excellent content knowledge in early childhood education; enthusiasm for working with students, families and colleagues; flexibility and strong communication skills.
Requirements include: A baccalaureate degree in Early Childhood Education or related field of study and State Education Department teacher certification in early childhood education or equivalent certification and at least two years of experience as a group teacher in a program for children under six years of age.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* The description below is intended to highlight various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position.
* Work with Director of Primary and Cycle 1 Head to ensure the implementation of curriculum across all grade levels
* Participate in the hiring process and evaluation process of teachers and assistants
* Attend meetings: (parents, teachers, school committees, external)
* Day to Day Preschool Operations (scheduling, replacements, welcome, dismissal, presentations)
* Perform other duties as assigned by supervisors
* Ensures that all preschool teachers understand and adhere to the Lycée Mission Statement, its policies and procedures, as well as the laws and regulations of the Health Department of the City of New York and the French Ministry of Education.
* Preschool Admissions Duties: Evaluations, observation, teacher training, assessment prep, selection committee)
* Works on the licensing and conformity issues of the facilities, in collaboration with the Department of Health and Mental Hygiene.
* Maintains ordering budget
* Neighborhood outreach
Bilingual French/English desirable
How to Apply: Interested candidates should send a cover letter and current resume detailing their interest in the position and specific evidence of their qualifications to:
Apply here (https://lfny.org/hr/elementaryassistantdirector). No phone calls please.
LFNY is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse staff and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals. The School can hire only those individuals who are lawfully authorized to work in the United States as of the date employment is to begin.
Lycée provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment.
Deadline to apply:
June 7th, 2017